For the best possible results for your quilt, please follow the tips below:
- Press your quilt top and backing well to ensure it’s ready to be quilted.
- Batting and backing must be 3-4” larger on each side to allow for proper loading on the longarm frame.
- Clip all loose threads and dog ears. They can cause a shadow effect behind lighter fabrics if not properly removed.
- If your quilt is heavily pieced right to the edges, it is a good idea to stay stitch 1/8” in from the outer edge to ensure no unraveling of stitching.
- Wait until after quilting is complete to add embellishments such as crystals, buttons or beads.
- Consider matching your batting to your quilt colour. For example, quilts with a lot of white should use a
white batting. The same applies for quilts with a lot of black.